Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Yours for the Taking

You can be tragic or daring
challenging me is not easy.
I have to be surprised or mesmerized
but you with your fatality and flaws
boredom comes easily, sweetly
but you can have it, it's yours for the taking.

I'm yawing and sending you up the walls
but I to want crash your castle down
make it all mortar, brick and rumble
because I'm trouble.

Step by step I'm crossing the bridge
and you're crossing your heart
trying to fend me off with words,
but words are empty without meaning
like a hexes without magic.

I'll be your curse if that's easier
and will keep you from falling apart
because I won't break or go to pieces
my life's already stitched and sewn
in a light you want to keep for yourself.
You can have it, its yours for the taking

I'm not afraid of being left in the dark,
hurt or shoved out in the cold alone
and you can't face life forward
it's safer to stay backwards
watching everything from behind
building your dreams up and down
teasing desperation with need
but its not me that you need
its hope and I have plenty to spare
You can have it, it's yours for the taking



















No comments:

Post a Comment